Monday, January 12, 2015

Unspoken & Untold By Sarah Rees Brennan

Unspoken 
By Sarah Rees Brennan

Published: September 10,2013
Publisher: Ember
Pages; 400
ISBN: 0375871039

Buy Me * Goodreads

Kami Glass loves someone she's never met . . . a boy she's talked to in her head ever since she was born. She didn't spend her childhood silent about her imaginary friend, and is thus a bit of an outsider in the sleepy English town of Sorry-in-the-Vale. Still, she has a best friend, runs the popular school newspaper, and is only occasionally caught talking to herself. Her life is in order, just the way she likes it, despite the voice in her head. 

But all that changes when the Lynburns return. . . .



Untold
By Sarah Rees Brennan

Published: August 26, 2014
Publisher: Ember
Pages: 367
ISBN: 0375871047

Buy Me * Goodreads

A modern, magical twist on the Gothic romance and girl detective genres, the Lynburn Legacy books will appeal to fans of both Beautiful Creaturesand the Mortal Instruments series. Reviewers have praised the take-charge heroine and the spellbinding romance.

It’s time to choose sides. . . .

On the surface, Sorry-in-the-Vale is a sleepy little town. But Kami Glass knows the truth. Sorry-in-the-Vale is full of magic. In the old days, the Lynburn family ruled with fear, terrifying the people into submission by killing human sacrifices for blood and power. Now the Lynburns are back, and Rob Lynburn is gathering sorcerers so the town can return to the old ways.

But Rob and his followers aren’t the only sorcerers around. The town must make a decision: pay the blood sacrifice, or fight. For Kami, this means more than just choosing between good and evil. With her link to Jared Lynburn severed, she’s now free to love whomever she chooses. But who should that be?

My Review:
I didn't like this series one bit. There is another novel but I will not be buying or reading it. I read Unspoken last year and didn't enjoy it until the end of the novel and this year I tried Untold and just disliked it all over again. The characters are not easy to relate to and I just can't get into the story at all. I forced myself to read Unspoken but when it came to Untold I found I was asking myself "who cares?" while reading. I took this as a bad sign put the book down and moved on. I still have no remorse over not finishing this book or this series. Truth is i didn't care about the characters or the story. I think the main issue I have with this book is the characters. They are in high school and it being a YA novel I expect them to be young but the author just made them feel too young and I couldn't stand them. I think this review was more rant than review (sorry) but I can't really give a decent review, I didn't finish the book. I will say if you still want to try this series, despite everything I have written, read the first book and if you are bored or annoyed in anyway. Put the book down and call it a loss because it doesn't get better.

My Rating:

1 comment:

  1. I definitely won't be getting near this series. I've heard about it before and even seen the covers a few times, but I never really felt myself drawn to these books at all. Now that I know that the pages within these books will only frustrate me, I know for certain that I won't be reading this series. Thank you for sharing your honest opinion Tayler! :)

    ReplyDelete